Thursday, October 25, 2007

Windows Error Report When It's the Application You Developed that Gacks

"Hello World" The SlickEdit Developers Blog - Error Reports: To Send or Not to Send?

"...

But sometimes, I get another experience with the dialog box, one altogether unique to programmers. The application in question was mine. It crashed because of something that I did. So now I have Microsoft apologizing for my behavior and asking if I would like to turn myself in. Uh, no, thanks, that’s quite all right. I’m just glad there’s no way for Windows to detect that I was running my own program, or I’d get a different message entirely."

This made me laugh... I'm also glad it's not smart enough to know when it's my app that gacks. Feels kind of like wearing a "I'm with Stupid" T-shirt that has an arrow pointing up... ;)

No comments: