Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Visio 2007 to XAML Export Add-in - The XAML Eye for the Non-Expression Guy

Saveen Reddy's blog - Updated Add-In for Visio 2007 to Export to XAML

"Just before the Visio 2008 conference began I published my first attempt at exporting XAML from Visio 2007. And within 12 hours, Thierry Bouquain hooked up his code and made the XAML output much better. I've now created third version with some extra UI to help with making the process easier and help me in debugging any problems.

The project has been published on codeplex: http://www.codeplex.com/VisioExportToXAML

Using the Add-In

image

..."

Okay, that title was a stretch, but it sounded good at the time... ;)

I can use Visio (mostly... in a developer FBUGLY [Function, But UGLY] kind of way), but Expression Blend is currently a little beyond me (but that could be because I fired it up once and said, "wow, okay... now what..." and left it at that).

Still with the better integration of WPF into VS2008, I can see the need to XAML in the near future. So I'm keeping my eyes open for stuff to make my XAML life easier...

No comments: