Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Fix your Vista Folder Views - A batch file to un-"Photo" your Vista Folders

Peter Bromberg's UnBlog - FIX: Windows Vista Folder View Issue

"I don't know about you, but in our "Things I hate most about Windows Vista" poll, one of the most frequently ticked topics was "Folders that refuse to remember the view settings you've set".  If you set a Details View with "All Items" on a folder and then drop a couple of jpegs in there, Vista tries to "help you" by changing the view. Well, I don't WANT Vista to help me! I don't want Documents, I don't want Pictures and Videos, and I don't like Green Eggs and Ham! (In the forums they are calling it "VisDUH").

Here's a fix from the TechNet forums, converted into a batch file:

..."

I run into this every couple months it seems. Where Vista wants to make every folder into a "Photo's" folder... And every time I end up hunting down the info included in the above post.

Now, I'm just going to add this batch file to my Quick Links... :)

No comments: