Saturday, June 28, 2008

Windows Live Writer 1.1 CTP Users – No, you’re not going crazy, it IS sometimes poking in those extra paragraph tags…

WinExtra - Pinging the Windows Live Writer Team and users

“…

wlwparagraphtag

When I first installed the CTP release and started using it I couldn’t understand why some of my posts where being displayed with varying length of whitespace between paragraphs. The problem even came through on the RSS feed of the posts. Then one day I was switching between the Edit and Source display and I noticed multiple lines of the paragraph tags in my post – much like you see with the accompanying screenshot I took of a previous post.

…”

I thought I was doing something stupid, or my cut-n-pasting pattern was jacking my posts, but it looks like I’m not the only one seeing this (so if someone else sees something that means you’re not crazy… right?)

In short, like Steve suggests, keep an eye on your posts with you’re using the new WLW 1.1. CTP. Switch to the Source tab/view every once in a while and always, always, always review your published post in the browser.

Case in point, when writing this post, I found some “extra” empty P tags, which were only visible in the Source view…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Can you email at bturner*at*microsoft*dot*com so we can talk about this offline and get the problem taken care.

We haven't gotten any other reports of this. But there was a change that could have gone wrong to cause such a problem.

Thanks.

-Brandon