Friday, August 01, 2008

ODF for Microsoft Office v2.0 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Now Available

SourceForge - OpenXML/ODF Translator Add-in for Office

image

image

I’ve been seeing the releases show up in the RSS feed for a couple days now, but today is the first I’ve seen the the v2 downloads actually become available (even those dated 6/24 were not visible until today)

I’m still trying to determine if these are RTW/RTM or milestones as well as the features included in v2.

Also of note:

  • There appear to be setup’s for seven different languages.
  • The source is C#
  • If you have a previous version installed, you might want to uninstall it first. The v2 setup left my v1 in place which seemed to block v2 from working. Once I uninstalled them both, reinstalled v2, I was ODF’ing in Word with no problems.

  image

Related Past Post XRef:
Word ODF Addin v1.1 Released
ODF Translator (ODF for Word Addin) 1.0 Released

No comments: