Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Windows 7 to be available in stores on October 22nd (and RTM in 2nd half of July)

Windows 7 Team Blog - The Date for General Availability (GA) of Windows 7 is…

“…

I blogged a few weeks ago that it’s looking like we’ll have Windows 7 ready in time for the holidays.

Since then we’ve made enough progress to feel really good about announcing today that Windows 7 will be in stores beginning October 22nd.

Obviously, Release To Manufacturing (RTM) is an important milestone on the path to GA. We anticipate that we’ll be able to make the RTM code for Windows 7 available to our partners sometime in the 2nd half of July. We also expect to be able to make RTM code for Windows Server 2008 R2 available to our partners in this time frame as well.

For the one or two people who’ve not see this news…

Personally I can’t wait for Win7. Been a while since I’ve been so excited about an OS release. I do have to say that I’m glad they waiting to the 2nd half of July to RTM it, so as to not mess up my vacation in early July (I’d hate to see what my wife would do if I dragged everything along just so I could upgrade while away…LOL  ;)

I expect we’ll see Win7 on MSDN/TechNet around when OEM’s get the RTM (give or take a week or two?)

No comments: