Monday, November 09, 2009

MonoTouch your PDC

ConceptDev (Craig Dunn's blog) - Another MonoTouch 'conference app' – PDC09

“I'm not planning on making a habit of this, but having spent the time putting together the Monospace conference app and seeing tweets from various Mono people that they were heading to PDC09, I figured it wouldn't take too long to copy some PDC data into the existing MonoTouch C# app 'framework'.

A new view (Sessions), a new icon (Speakers) and a new location (Underground) are the main changes - the rest is just SQLite and graphic tweaks. The source is available for download …

PDC09

UPDATE: to be clear, this app is not available on the AppStore -- it is just an example of the kind of thing you can write in C# for the iPhone using MonoTouch from Novell. If you have a MonoTouch licence then you can download the source (124Kb) and install it on your phone.”

That’s pretty cool and made me chuckle (don’t let Mr. Ballmer see you… lol ;) 

Now if I only I had a not-dumb phone… (Santa, can I have a Droid or Verizon WinMo 6.5 phone? I’ve been… mostly good… ;)

(via Miguel de Icaza's web log - MonoTouch application for the PDC)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Like .Net/Mono development? Have an iPhone? Want to do .Net apps on your iPhone? Want to try it for free? Download the MonoTouch 1.0 Eval (Mac required though)…

No comments: