Monday, January 04, 2010

GodMode, Windows 7 Style (no joke) – One folder, all admin settings

Geek In Disguise - Enable GodMode On Windows 7

“I thought this was a joke when I read it, but evidently not. If you want a quick way to get to all the settings on Windows 7, GodMode is it.  How?

Add a new folder to your desktop and name it GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} - you will now see the icon above on your desktop and a pretty long list of items. Below is just a small sample.

…”

Awesome… It really IS real!

Here’s a snap from my test system;
GodMode 

(via @HilaryPtweet)

 

Update #1 1/4/2010 @ 9:45AM PST:
God Mode revealed by Windows 7 Hacker, The Secrete “Windows 7 Hacker” Mode Revealed –> How To Geek - Stupid Geek Tricks: Enable the Secret "How-To Geek" Mode in Windows

In short, a shell extension CLSID. Shell extension CLSID’s have been around for forever, but this one is new (I think) and one that I’m going to be putting on all my Win7 machines…

No comments: