Friday, January 15, 2010

The PDC09 Trip Report Kit – Let DaveDev do the slides so you can focus on the sharing…

DaveDev - PDC09 Trip Report Kit available for download. Taking out the drudgery so you can focus on the fun

It’s about Sharing

One of the favorite things in my role at Microsoft is going out to local usergroup meetings (you can check out the full listing in the blog sidebar to the left).  The environment of sharing and enabling others to grow never ceases to impress.  Maybe it is the fact I am just getting older but in recent years the relationships I build with people have come to mean more to me than the technology I learn.  These groups offer a healthy portion of both with various technical presentations and dedicated networking time to get to know one another.

Having spent most of my career in large enterprises a trip report is something I just made a habit of doing.  Especially, when I got the rare opportunity to attend a big conference.  Those on my team have seen some of the twenty page trip reports I have put together but how can I share that with the community?

I see the traffic on twitter and know many are busy doing giving briefings now to their own workgroups on what they saw at PDC09.  I thought about it and here is how I think I can help…

A PDC09 Trip Report Kit

I often do summaries of my trips to major conferences or announcements but I wanted to get something out to you this time you could use for your own presentations. 

The idea behind this kit is to put together a starting point for your meeting.  Whether that is at your workplace, or at your local usergroup, you can take this presentation and demos and modify as you see fit.

This PowerPoint is available here and runs about 90 slides. Depending on how much Q&A you get you should allow for 90-120 minutes.   It does not cover everything from PDC and is meant as a starting point for your audience to follow-up with more in-depth hands on technical labs.

image

…”

If you want or need to share PDC09 with friends, family, co-workers, people you meet on the street, etc, why go through the pain of building your own slide deck when you can steal (…errrr… um… borrow… yeah… that…) someone else’s? I mean do you really want to build the deck? Really?

Anyway, I thought this cool, both intent and content, and since it’s my blog… lol :)

image

No comments: