Tuesday, June 22, 2010

[Coming Soon][Book Review] “VirtualBox 3.1 – Beginner’s Guide”

[Full Disclosure Notice: The mentioned book was provided to me free by the publisher. This review, well pre-review, is my own. The publisher has not seen it, nor promoted me in its content in any way shape or form. All they did is provide the book free and asked me to review it… ]

The cool dudes at Packt Publishing have given me a copy of “VirtualBox 3.1 – Beginner’s Guide” by Alfonso V. Romero to review. I’ve had the book for a few weeks now and am very slowly working my way through it (mostly it’s been sitting on my desk mocking me).

image

This post is an attempt to try to help keep my honest (and as a self kick in the rear) toward finishing the book and doing a quick write up on it. LOL…I make it seem like the book is hard to read, don’t I? Or complicated? Actually that can’t be farther from the truth. So far, I’m really digging it, have found it a great guide and very easy to read and follow.

I’ve been following Microsoft’s virtualization for forever and secondly a VMWare a little. But VirtualBox not so much (cough… not at all…sough). So it’s as if this book was written for me. So far, each chapter has me doing something, trying something new, a different feature, etc. So as book draws you deeper, your knowledge builds… (funny that ;)

Anyway, I’m going to finish up the book in the come week(s) and do a more complete review. In the mean time, if you want to get a jump on it, you can check it out here, “VirtualBox 3.1 – Beginner’s Guide

No comments: