Saturday, August 07, 2010

Seventh Blog-aversary!

Seven years, 4,425 posts (with this post), 1.6 million visits, 2.2 million page views, 2.5K feed subscribers… and one big thank you!

In the past I’ve sometimes used this annual post to reflect on things I’ve learned in the past year or so. This year? I think just saying thank you is enough…

I’m glad that I’m able to give back to the community in my little way. We all stand on the shoulders of giants and this blog is my way to give back to those giants, to help highlight  their cool contributions, to pay it forward. The fact that you find a little value in what I do is really just gravy, just icing on the cake.

So again, thank you

And please remember that just about everyone I curate is doing it as their passion, as a hobby, in many cases in their spare time, to give for the sake of giving, so “please tip your food servers…” If you find content you like and they have a few ad’s, actually LOOK at the ads and see if there’s anything remotely pertinent to you and if so click on through… I.e. “tip them”. I’m not promoting click fraud or anything like that, I am just saying to show your appreciation to those that I blog about, when you hit their posts, don’t ignore their ads. “Worth a read, worth a click.”

That’s it for now… See you in the coming year… :)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Six years just seemed to fly by… It’s my Sixth Year Blog-aversary!
Five Year Blog-aversary, and 500K+ Visit Milestone
Four Year Blog-aversary
Three Year Blog-aversary...
Two Years and Counting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many Congratualions Greg!

And Thank you for this excellent Blog!