Friday, January 28, 2011

Debug Analyzer.NET - A debugging utility, written in .Net, for .Net developers, to help debug .Net applications

DebugAnalyzer.NET

"...

What is Debug Analyzer.NET?

Debug Analyzer.NET is a debugging automation tool to analyze memory dumps using analysis plug-ins written in .NET!
It has several other features to make your debugging life easier and pleasant. It also takes advantage of Wisdom of Crowd to enhance the analysis capabilities.
In other words, if you have used windbg + sos/psscor and ever wondered about automating debug analysis, Debug Analyzer.NET is for you!

...

Target Audience:

Debug Analyzer.NET targets anyone who uses .NET Framework for their application development.

Normal developers can use pre-written analysis to run against their application memory dump to analyze issues.
Debugging Experts can enhance Debug Analyzer.NET to add more Analysis using the Plug Framework

...

SNAGHTML560b1058

image..."

I don't know about you, but I'm man enough to admit that windbg/sos/psscor scares me. Why? Because it's scary!... lol Mostly because I so rarely ever use it that every time I do I have to start from scratch and JIT figure out how it works and what its telling me.

In short, looks like Debug Analyzer.NET was written just for me! 

(via Jason Haley - Interesting Finds: January 28, 2011)

No comments: