Monday, February 07, 2011

Using OneNote on your Open/Shared/Source Available projects (Think "Using OneNote as your wiki++")

Thursday Night  - Every Open-Source .NET Project should have its own public OneNote

"...

This editor is on the web, so it’s accessible from any machine (regardless of browser, works great on Chrome in OS X for me), it’s free, and OneNote will sync with the web notebooks as if they were on your local machine or on a network share.

OneNote on the web means you can make your project notes public

A blog is a great place for documenting your project more formally, or for announcing things you want folks to know, but it’s also important to have a place to store ideas that aren’t yet fully formed, or you’re not committed to finishing. OneNote is good for this, but now we have a way to publish out notes; I’ve done this with ReactiveUI (though right now my notebook is pretty empty, I’m going to try to use it more).

SNAGHTML890331c9

..."

I've recently started using a shared OneNote "For Real" to help me with my Channel 9 Coding4Fun blog posts and I have to say... I'm hooked.

It took me a bit to get the OneNote notebook setup right. I was having a problem with the synchronization that I couldn't seem to fix, but I was doing some weird, rapid and large page moves, etc. Once I settled down and started deliberately everything has been working great. I use the OneNote 2010 on my notebook, the web UI on other PC's and it all just seems to work.

This is a great tool for helping a small team coordinate notes, thoughts, links, etc.

It would be seriously cool if CodePlex were to add direct OneNote/Office support (think Docs.com but on CodePlex, with CodePlex scoped security, etc.). Think wiki+++

Talk about a means to enhance team communication and collaboration. Added to my CodePlex wish list (and as CodePlex request work item 25753 :)

(via Alvin Ashcraft's Morning Dew - Dew Drop – February 6, 2011)

No comments: