Friday, January 06, 2012

SharePoint on the Internet, tips and tricks links round-up

Fear and Loathing - The Big Dummies Guide to Building a SharePoint Internet Site

"I'm about to embark on a new project, building a SharePoint based Internet site. This is new for me as all the SharePoint work I've done has been Intranet facing and I know there are some challenges with SharePoint and outward facing sites. So I called on a few MVP friends and people that have some real world experience configuring SharePoint for Internet to see if I could come up with a list of tips, tricks, and things to watch out for.

...

image..."

Seems that each version of SharePoint makes it easier and more realistic for using SharePoint as an external web site. While there's a number of public sites that do, I've not seen this kind of dummy's guide for doing it before. And while I don't think this is something I'll be doing myself in the future, I did think it was interesting. Also I thought there were a number of items that would come in handy for internal deployments too...

No comments: