Thursday, March 23, 2006

"Moving Your Team Foundation Server Deployment"

Visual Studio Team System User Education - Moving Your Team Foundation Server Deployment

"Today we have some draft documentation on how you can move your Team Foundation Server deployment.  We have one conceptual and three procedural documents on this: Team Foundation Server Move Types, How to: Move from a Single-Server to a Dual-Server Deployment, How to: Move Your Team Foundation Server from One Hardware Configuration to Another, and How to Move Your Team Foundation Server from One Environment to Another.  This content is not yet part of the live MSDN content, but all of the other topics referenced within these draft topics are available on MSDN. This is the latest, most up-to-date content for Visual Studio Team Foundation - be sure to check it out!"

Yesterday I posted that one of the things I need to do is to move my TFS data stores around a little. These posts are for more complicated moves, but are still related (so in case I need them, posting them)...

My move requirements are much simpler, just moving data on the same machine from one drive to another. And since everything is in SQL databases (looks 11 DB’s) my move should be a simple administrative process? I’ve moved DB’s before (using both backup/restore and detach/attach) so that doesn’t concern me at all... but you never know.

I guess I better do this move before I migrate any code, just in case... ;)
 
(Via Federal Developer Weblog - The [Visual Studio Team Foundation Server] Moving Finger writes; and having writ, Moves on)

Related Past Post XRef:
My First Soup to Nuts Team Foundation Server Install
TFS Check In Policies, Code to Police Code
"An updated TFS MSSCCI provider is available"
VS6 MSSCCI Provider for TFS
TFS Administration Tool
"Migrating from Visual Source Safe to TFS"
"How many users will your Team Foundation Server support?"
Team Foundation Server 2005 & the "New" MSDN Universal


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: