“This article is a two-part series regarding the LinqToWikipedia provider. The first article will cover the basic concepts of Linq as well as the client usage of this particular provider while the second article will explore the inner workings of the LinqToWikipedia provider to give you an understanding of what it takes to create your own
NOTE: You should download the latest build from Codeplex so you can follow along with the code samples.
What is Linq?
Let's spend a moment and talk about what Linq is all about from a high-level.
Part II - Explore the inner workings of the LinqToWikipedia provider to create your own
IQueryableprovider. (coming soon)
LINQ to Wikipedia is a custom LINQ query provider implementation for the Mediawiki API that translates LINQ queries into HTTP requests to access Wikipedia information. …
Be sure to visit my Blog for more information including an explanation of the LinqToWikipedia provider (coming soon)
- Custom query provider that translates LINQ queries into HTTP requests that interact with the Wikipedia API.
- Supports two query types:
- OpenSearch - Support for the OpenSearch protocol
- Keyword Query - Allows for querying Wikipedia using multiple keywords
- LinqToWikipedia Blog with documentation and tutorial
- Support for proxy configuration for use behind a firewall
- Live Demo site
- Ships with full Visual Studio 2008 solution with source code and samples (demo sites above included)
Got to love LINQ, primarily because it’s so extensible. I mean LINQToWikipedia? That’s cool and that it’s being used as a means to teach us all how to write our own LINQ providers is even cooler…
Related Past Post XRef:
LINQ to * – Cool lists of LINQ links