A simple visual studio tool to allow rapid navigation and finding of files within a Solution via a number of search patterns.
Features & Benefits
- Name Search - Searches based upon the name of a file by simply using mixed case search string.
- Wildcard Search - Use standard windows wildcards : ? (any character) or * (number of any characters).
- Camel Case Search - Use uppercase strings to do Camel case searching on file names.
- Highlighting - Filtering as you type with match highlighting.
- Explore To - Use Alt+E to explore to a result
The extension can be found in the Edit->Find and Replace menu. It only loads when first used so won't touch your Visual Studio performance. It may take a couple of seconds for large solutions to cache all the file information when used for the first time.
Not a code search but an extension to make finding specific files quick and easy. This is something I do and need all the time... Installed (which if you just want the vsix, you can get is via the Visual Studio Gallery here, VSFileNav)