Friday, February 04, 2005

RIAA Sues Deceased Grandmother

BetaNews | RIAA Sues Deceased Grandmother

"The recording industry's latest assault on file sharing has netted an unusual suspect: a deceased great-grandmother from West Virginia. In a lawsuit filed in January, the RIAA accused 83-year old Gertrude Walton of sharing over 700 pop, rock and rap songs under the alias 'smittenedkitten.'

What the RIAA didn't know is that Walton had passed away in December following a long illness. Her daughter, Robin Chianumba, has lived with Walton for the past 17 years and told the Charleston Gazette that her mother refused to even have a computer in the house.

..."

LOL. RIAA is at it again...

I'm all for paying for value received (i.e. I'd rather buy my music than steal it), but RIAA's actions just rub me the wrong way... There has to be a better way for them get the results they want.

Or maybe not. Maybe the entire music production and distribution industry needs to be reworked from the ground up. Then again, since I don't know jack about the music production and distribution, maybe I should just shut up...

:|

No comments: