Monday, August 15, 2005

Safarp V0.5 (Uber Fast Add/Remove Programs List)

The Portable Freeware Collection

"... Safarp displays the list of installed programs and allows you to repair/uninstall them. You can also remove orphaned/obsolete entries, or export the program list to a variety of report formats.

Two reasons why you should use Safarp instead of the default applet: it loads much faster (even when you have tons of installed application like I do), and it allows you to quickly located installed application by typing the first letter of its name (a major gripe I have with the default applet due to its usage of a non-standard listview control). ..."


Wow, it really DOES load fast. I mean really fast. The EXE is only 48K and runs without needing to be installed.

I've not yet used it to uninstall anything, but I don't expect to have any problems when I do (then again, I've said that before... ;).

With this, hopefully I'll never have to return to the painfully slow Add/Remove Programs Applet ever again...

No comments: