Friday, August 25, 2006

Using MS Reporting Services in a WinForm App

The Code Project - Applied MS Reporting Services 101 using Smart Client

"I still remember it was a neatly done report that got me my first pay raise.  Ever since, I am very passionate about report writing (every one likes pay raise rite?).  In this article, I will guide you through step by step how to create a simple report using MS Reporting Services 2005; and host it with Smart Client application.

..."

This is a nice step by step C# article on how to create a WinForm app that hosts the MS Reporting Services ReportViewer (as well as how to create the actual report).

Best of all (IMHO) it shows runtime binding to a dataconnection. Yeah I know it's not magic, but it's more "real world" than most examples which hard bind to a connection. Real world you switch connections to different DB's, servers, etc.

Some times its the little snips that save you the most time, effort and brain cells...

No comments: