Sunday, July 29, 2007

Installing VS2008 (Primarily .Net 3.5 Framework Beta 2) on Vista

Martin Hinshelwood's Blog - Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2 on Vista

"As you may have seen from my previous post, I have just installed VS2008B2 onto my old work computer, well it is now time to hit my Vista laptop with it:

I just tried to install Visual Studio 2008 Team Suit on my Vista laptop, but it failed on the first hurdle; installing the .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2

..."

The Solution

In order to install the .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2 on Vista I had to uninstall some previously installed Hotfixes using these instructions:

..."

Visual Studio Orcas Install and Setup[ ERROR ] Can't install .NET Framework 3.5

"Gus Perez - MSFT

..., please try the following steps and let me know if it works for you or no:

1. Open the Control Panel, select Programs & Features, click on the “View installed updates” located on the Tasks pane. Select and uninstall the following Windows updates:

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB110806)

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB930264)

- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB929300)

2. Reboot

3. Reattempt installing .NET Framework 3.5."

If I install VS2008 Beta 2 on my Vista machine, and if I run into any problems, the above bit of information may come in handy...

 

Related Past Post XRef:
To Beta Two or not to Beta Two, that is the...

2 comments:

blorq said...

for what its worth, on Vista x64 i didnt have to uninstall said hotfixes.

Greg said...

Thank you...