Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Avoid the "oh, I forgot you were 8 time zones away when I scheduled this meeting" game with the World Times Outlook 2010 Add-in from Shai Raiten

Shai Raiten - Appointment World Times – Outlook 2010 Add in

"After some bad experience scheduling meetings with people in different time zones I decide to write a simple add-in for outlook that will allow me to see times differences while writing the appointment.

If you have to schedule meetings around the world you probably familiar with the http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and several more that will help you see the time and date difference between your location the the other attendees.

...

image_629F6255

..."

Even with Windows 7's support for multiple calendars (snaps below) I can see where this add-in could come in real handy...

imageimage

NOTE: Once you download the ZIP, unblock it BEFORE you unzip it and attempt to install it... If you don't unblock the zip, you'll likely get a "certificate does not match" error on install (at least I did...). Once you unblock, then unzip and install and you should be good to go (again, at least I was)

SNAGHTML143197f

No comments: