Monday, August 22, 2011

The Guys Guide to the Fridge... or "Hey, can I still eat this?" Guide or Mold, we're not scared of a little mold...

US Food Safety and Inspection Service - Molds On Food: Are They Dangerous?

"Some molds cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. And a few molds, in the right conditions, produce "mycotoxins," poisonous substances that can make people sick. When you see mold on food, is it safe to cut off the moldy part and use the rest? To find the answer to that question, delve beneath the surface of food to where molds take root.





What made this fact sheet a must have was that table, "can I eat this or should I throw it out," guide at the end. I need to print this up and put it on my fridge... :P

No comments: